The Systems Administrator will be responsible for implementing and maintaining deployment and support systems in various platforms including Windows, macOS iOS and Chrome OS and across multiple locations across New York City, as well as acting as an escalation point for advanced troubleshooting of complex issues.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Configure, maintain and coordinate use of endpoint management suites such as Jamf, Kaseya, SmartDeploy, and MAAS360 MDM for central office and school locations to ensure endpoints are secure and up to date with the latest software versions, security and Operating System patches in a timely manner;
- Develop and maintain a library of baseline images and configurations for standard deployed hardware at all locations, including Group Policy and login scripts, and process for deployment of images to endpoints;
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration packages for software to be deployed to endpoints remotely and automatically;
- Align and carry out maintenance activities with the Network and Infrastructure team and school-based Techs to ensure endpoints retain communication and are security compliant;
- Develop and maintain a service catalog and self-service access to automa cally install requested software;
- Develop policies and procedures pertaining to the effective administration of endpoint and mobility management solutions, respective services, settings, and related hardware in accordance with established change management guidelines, security and best practices;
- Develop and deliver in-person and remote training workshops to build capacity in New Visions’ and school staff;
- Develop, disseminate and maintain technical training documentation using appropriate media;
- Develop, disseminate and maintain help sheets, end user guides and videos, knowledgebase artifacts and FAQs;
- Further a culture of security-conscious employees through communication, transparency and engaging across the organization.
- Serve as an escalation point for Technology staff at the central office and school locations and perform advanced troubleshooting including installation, repair and preventative maintenance of user computers, related hardware/software and phone system within established standards and guidelines;
- Accurately log all support activities and acknowledge, troubleshoot and resolve all requests, escalating and following through when necessary;
- Contribute to the identification and implementation of additional technology systems to help the organization and Charter schools align technology with mission and instruction;
- Manage and complete other projects as necessary.
Required Skill Sets and Knowledge Base
- Bachelor’s Degree and four years experience in supporting business applications systems both in cloud and client/server architectures;
- Certifications in management of RMM tools such as Kaseya and Jamf with at least two years of administration experience highly desirable;
- Admin-level knowledge of Windows 10, macOS, iOS, and ChromeOS.
- Must be constantly driven to improve and highly adaptable to evolving business practices;
- Ability to analyze, identify, prioritize and correct problems in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong team player and proactive communicator with service-oriented attitude and customer focus;
- Working knowledge utilizing REST APIs for system extensibility, automation, reporting and integration;
- Experience working with queries and data in spreadsheets, MYSQL, SQL, MS Access, or other database technologies;
- Experience working with Powershell, software packaging (MSI and scripting methods) and deployment techniques;
- Familiarity with Google Apps tools including Google Scripts;
- Experience with ITIL or other Service Management framework helpful;
- Experience with remote desktop management systems helpful.
- Willingness to work non-standard hours as needed;
- Additional responsibilities as needed to meet the needs of the organization.
Candidates who closely fit the requirements will be contacted for an interview.
New Visions for Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer.