Help us move to running Kubernetes – and deliver great Kubernetes experiences for our customers!
We’re reimagining the platform that Visual Studio Team Services is built and run on. We’ve decided to adopt containers, Kubernetes as our deployment platform. Further, our product is DevOps as a service and one of the big improvements we have planned is tighter integration with Kubernetes and containers in general. We’re looking for someone with experience running services on Kubernetes and opinions on how tooling in that space can be improved. If that’s you, we’d love your help!
Learn more about Visual Studio Team Services and what we build here: https://www.visualstudio.com/team-services/
What makes this a great place to work?
There are many things, but here are the highlights:
- We are our own customer. We are the first ones to use everything we build.
- The team is full of smart people who care about the work they do. They are also a pleasure to work with - We thrive on comradery, helping each other and having fun together.
- We make a point of ensuring people have work-life balance. We offer 3 months paid paternity leave for men and 5 months for women, 12 paid holidays (in addition to your vacation and sick leave) and a flexible working schedule.
- We have a new, modern office that finds the right balance between encouraging collaboration yet ensuring the ability to focus when needed.
- We run a hosted service which means that we ship new features daily. The work you do has immediate benefits to customers.
- Our compensation tends to be higher than most other companies in the area.
What you can expect:
As an engineer on the Visual Studio Team Services team in Raleigh, NC you'll be part of an 8-12 person agile team working together to ship weekly updates to Visual Studio Team Services and the products around it. Your role will consist of:
- Designing, developing and testing new features and bug fixes.
- Code reviewing code developed by your teammates.
- Analyzing how your code and features are performing in production to influence future product decisions.
- Participating in your team's sprint and product direction planning activities.
- Working with a subset of the following technologies that interest you the most:
- Kubernetes, Docker, C#, .Net Core, ASP.Net Core, Node, Azure, SQL, Redis and many others
- 5 or more years of experience developing and running large scale production services.
- 1 or more years of experience deploying and running Kubernetes in a production environment.
- 1 or more years of experience with Docker and Containers.
- A BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent is preferred.