Cortex is a rapidly growing technology startup. We provide software for Commercial Real Estate buildings that enables operators to run their buildings with significantly more precision. This is creating substantial financial savings (up to $850k per year per building), while also having a significant sustainability impact (reducing energy use by 5-10% or the equivalent of taking 850 cars off the road).
At Cortex, we are as proud of our pristine codebase as we are of our mission to create more sustainable cities. We accomplish this mission by using IoT data, Machine Learning, and modern web development to transform the way large buildings operate. We are looking for a talented Software Engineer to work collaboratively with us to deliver amazing product experiences across all of our application’s channels including web, mobile, email and push notifications. The Engineer in this role will have the opportunity to learn from an experienced team while accelerating their career with both guided and autonomous work.
- Creating new software product experiences that assist building operators in efficiently and effectively running their buildings by delivering our high impact Machine Learning recommendations through our web, mobile, email, and push notification channels.
- Integrating with third-party APIs to import utility company and building management system data to be used to feed our Machine Learning algorithms.
- Working closely with our Customer Success team to support client onboarding and operations.
- Taking ownership of our Internal Tooling needs to allow our Customer Success team to scale their operational support of our clients.
- 4+ years of pragmatic, real-world experience creating, maintaining, testing, and deploying high-quality code to production systems.
- Experience working with standard software engineering tools and practices such as version control, automated testing, and lightweight project management. We use Git, RSpec, and Clubhouse.
- Product-focused. Have the ability to understand the needs of our users and translate those needs into prioritized product features.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Committed, hard-working, and thoughtful.
- The usual suspects: Competitive compensation/equity, commuter benefits, and access to Medical, HSA and 401k plans.
- Unlimited paid time off.
- Your choice of 13” or 15” Macbook Pro.
- Work in an environment where clean code, automated testing, constructive code reviews, collaborative whiteboarding, thoughtful design, and easy deployments are considered to be the standard operating procedure.