Full Stack Engineer
Who we are
Launching in Summer 2019, Pattern is a family of brands on a mission to transform how you enjoy daily life. Our brands are intentionally designed to help you reclaim fulfillment in the process of making, shaping and doing.
Pattern is led by Emmett Shine, Nick Ling, and a tested team of startup experts from Gin Lane. In the last decade with Gin Lane, they’ve built and scaled the foundation of over 50 digitally native vertical brands.
We are based in Chinatown, New York and proudly backed by some of the most prominent investors in consumer goods.
You will be joining Pattern’s engineering team as a Full Stack Engineer. At Pattern we are always looking for teammates that are as passionate about our mission as we are - and most importantly can add to our culture of building amazing products.
As engineers we value curiosity, respect, and feedback. And of course, shipping excellent code. We also put a ton of value on collaboration, mentorship and making sure everyone has a voice.
We’re looking for someone who is not afraid to hit the ground running, and who is excited to play a key role in building Pattern Brands. Our team focuses on our end-user experience, internal tools, maintaining our systems and platforms, and operationalizing multiple brands and services across a single organization.
This role reports to the VP of Engineering, Pattern Brands.
- Design and build new features that enable best in class commerce experience as well as unlock member benefits via best in class customer service
- Devise solutions to performance and scalability challenges as our customer data set continues to grow
- Use your passion for building great software to develop meaningful, delightful customer facing features that help our brands connect with and retain our members.
- Work closely with product management, design and internal teams to understand needs and develop solutions to improving operations and end-user experience
- Be pushed to stretch yourself by learning new technologies, system designs and paradigms
- Write high-quality, well-designed software that is well-tested and maintainable.
- Provide mentorship through code reviews and architecture discussions.
- Help recruit awesome engineers to expand our diverse team.
- Knowledge of CS fundamentals and code organization
- A consistent track record of shipping quality software that positively impacts your end customer
- 4+ years of software development experience or equivalent
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar experience
- A strong sense of customer empathy and desire to influence the product direction
- Critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills
We work with:
- Service oriented, microservices and serverless architectures.
- Python, Ruby, or NodeJS
- Functional and OO paradigms
- Distributed systems architecture
- JEST, TestNG, or other Unit testing framework
- Web Service/API implementation
What Pattern offers:
- Competitive compensation and meaningful equity
- Generous PTO Policy
- Company-sponsored medical and dental
- Commuter Benefits for Parking and Transit
- An amazing culture, team, and mission
- Breakfast every Monday, plus free drinks and snacks every day
- Company activities including happy hours, company BBQ’s, Town Halls, and more!