XING provides advice and support to its more than 16 million members during the upheaval processes in the world of work. In an environment marked by a shortage of skilled workers, digitalization, and changes in values, XING helps its members achieve as harmonious a work/life balance as possible: For a better working life.
XING is now looking to welcome talented backend engineers at all levels (from junior to senior) to join our 300 highly skilled, deeply motivated and dedicated engineers and product developers throughout our various locations in Europe (Hamburg, Barcelona, Valencia, Porto, etc.), sharing a healthy culture of learning from each other via pairing, communities of practice, joint hackweek projects etc.
A challenging if you are up for it
- As a Full-Stack Web Developer your activities consist of (developing and delivering scalable and high-quality features for web-based projects as well as providing maintenance and support)
- You build and maintain (standalone front-end and api-only backend projects while also integrating both)
- You will (map the necessary requirements and deliver continuously high-quality software and scalable features, by allowing the backend to communicate with the front-end in an optimized manner)
- You will (be working closely with Product Owners and other developers in the team, learning different processes and techniques that may help you reach your goals)
What we are looking for
- Good/Advanced Knowledge in Ruby/Ruby on Rails to work on our service-oriented architecture applications;
- Basic Docker/Kubernetes experience is a plus;
- You are comfortable working in distributed team setups;
- You have the motivation to learn and improve development processes.
- You feel that clean code and tests are just as important to you than production code;
- Willingness to coach and mentor other developers and vice versa.
- You're into agile methodologies and enjoy working in teams with a focus on sharing knowledge.
- A positive mindset and the people skills to work with various people in various positions.
- You get things done, have a positive mindset, and are known as a motivated team player with good communication skills in English.
- You are culturally open – XING employees come from more than 30 different countries that bring their collective experiences and culture to work every day. We value each and every person for who they are.
An inspiring environment
- The chance to work on a large, highly distributed platform with over 16 million users,
- Varied tasks, uncomplicated interactions with your colleagues as well as many opportunities to bring in your own ideas await for you,
- Innovation/hack weeks every few months where you can unleash your creativity and ideas,
- Real training and conferences,
- Health insurance,
- 25 days of vacation per year,
- A multicultural environment with employees from all over the world,
- Free fruit, drinks, snacks and much more,
- English and German lessons,
- A mobile device for your private use (iPhone, iPad, Android...).
We contribute into open source (https://github.com/xing) and let the world know what we are doing (https://devblog.xing.com) and organize public user groups and coding events.