e-Potek SA is combining its expertise in the finance industry with software, to create a best-in-class online mortgage platform for Switzerland and beyond.
Together we believe that applying for a home loan should be fast, simple, and transparent. The way to achieve this is by combining the best technology and design, with the smartest people we can find.
We are an ambitious company, planning to quickly scale up and be a leader in our field.
We are looking for an equally ambitious hacker with a focus on front-end engineering to join our growing team. As one of our first two engineers, you will take the lead on the front-end, make well justified decisions and write quality code.
We expect you to be proactive in your work, come up with new ideas and optimisations for the software that you own.
- Define (and build on) our front- and back-end architecture
- Build reliable, performant, and delightful web-apps (in that order)
- Integrate several data-feeds from 3rd parties and our own back-end
- Ask questions, raise problems, provide solutions, build prototypes
- Write scripts/tools to support our infrastructure
- Document your work
- Meteor / NodeJS on the backend
- React, Material-UI on the frontend
- Hosted on Google Cloud Platform with MongoDB
- Git and GitHub for source-control
- macOS preferred (beefy Macbook Pro provided)
- Fluent in French and English
- 3+ years of experience with React and its ecosystem (or similar libraries, like Vue/Angular 2)
- Some taste for good design
- Attention to detail
- A passion for making and prototyping things
- Able to work with minimal supervision, self-starter
- Adapt to changing requirements, and learn what is needed as we go to get the job done. Be able to figure things out on your own
- Take responsibility for what you do: own your mistakes and celebrate your victories
- Attention to detail
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with NodeJS or MeteorJS
- Experience with integration and acceptance testing
- Experience writing/contributing to OSS (strong GitHub profile a big +)
- Demonstration of a passion for building products and writing software (side-projects, hackathons, etc.)
- Familiar with one or more of these basic devOps tools: bash scripts, CI/CD, Linux & automation
- Comfortable with algebra, to help us improve our financial math toolbelt
- The opportunity to join a dynamically growing company
- A lot of responsibility and ownership
- The chance to take on an ambitious challenge where you can make your ideas count
- A work environment that values initiative, trust and a job well done
- Competitive pay
- A great office location in the heart of Geneva, 10mins from the train station
This is not a remote position, please only apply if you can work in Geneva full-time.